Live Online Singalong Concerts
(shortcut to this page: groupsinging.org/live)
- Our final (for now) Music for Justice program was on Wed, August 5th - on solidarity and accompaniment work with Black, Indigenous and People of Color. It was broadcast both on our YouTube channel AND on our Facebook page. Here is the set list and here are the "Tenets of Accompaniment".
Monday Family Singalongs:
- What: Sing along with Annie from the Rise Up Singing and Rise Again songbooks
- When: Each Monday 3-4 pm EDT
- Where: Our Facebook page - www.facebook.com/RiseUpAndSing1/ (you should be able to log into these concerts even if you do not have a Facebook account)
- How: Grab a copy of Rise Up Singing and/or Rise Again if you have them so you can sing along. Annie gives out the book and page number where the song is. You can put requests in the "chat" feed.
Set lists: Click on the song links & listen to recordings of the tune. Click on the artist links for info & other great songs by this artist.
- Wed, Aug. 5, 2020 - solidarity / accompaniment
- Monday, July 27, 2020
- Thurs, July 23, 2020 - benefit concert for Movement Voter Project
- Wed, July 22, 2020 - celebrating John Lewis
- Mon, July 13, 2020
- Wed, July 8, 2020 - talking/singing with kids re racism
- Mon, July 6, 2020
- Mon, June 15, 2020
- Mon, June 8, 2020
- Mon, June 1, 2020
Although you should be able to reach the live concert at the links below, we post direct links to each events about minutes before each concert.
Tips: Make a contribution for these concerts at www.riseupandsing.org/donate --- THANK YOU!
Missed a concert? You can find previous concerts posted at both the Facebook page and on the YouTube channel using the link above.
**BRING ANNIE TO YOUR GROUP!** Annie has been leading virtual concerts and singalongs for a variety of groups. Bring her virtually to your gathering. She sings online for:
- birthday parties, graduation parties, anniversaries, reunions
- worship services
- conferences and workshops
- libraries & school groups
"Our virtual singalongs provide a unique opportunity for communities to be together in song. We sing and teach songs of justice, hope & resilience from our songbooks. With their mics muted, participants join in by singing wherever they are. We share stories about the songs and about the work we and many others are doing using music to create a better world."
Contact Annie at email@example.com
Lots of our friends are doing these kinds of online concerts. Visit their Facebook page or website for details. These are just a few of the many folks doing this to help us make it through these tough times:
- Sally Rogers www.facebook.com/salrog
- Aaron Fowler https://www.facebook.com/aaronfowlermusic
- Emma's Revolution www.facebook.com/emmasrevolution
- Mark Heiman https://www.facebook.com/MarkHeiman
- Bill Harley www.billharley.com
- Two of a Kind http://twoofakind.com
- Joe Jencks www.joejencks.com
- David Roth www.davidrothmusic.com