CANCELLED: Songs of Hope & Courage - Tallahassee
THANK YOU FOR ANY SUPPORT YOU CAN GIVE DURING THIS TIME. BE SAFE OUT THERE!
AFTER CAREFUL REFLECTION, THIS CONCERT HAS BEEN CANCELLED AT THE PERFORMER'S REQUEST IN AN ABUNDANCE OF CAUTION REGARDING THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC. We hope the concert can rescheduled at a future date.
Celebrating Pete Seeger's Centennial.
Pete was born on May 3rd, 1919. He spent his life working for a better world through song. Join us for an evening that honors his work and carries on the tradition of singing for justice and resilience.
This concert will feature Annie Patterson (the co-creator of the songbooks Rise Up Singing and Rise Again). Annie will lead those present using If I Had a Hammer, a new collection of songs that Pete wrote or was great at performing and leading. She created this songbook especially to honor the 100th anniversary of Pete Seeger's birth. Copies will be available to borrow or buy at the concert - or you can pre-order copies now to pick up when you arrive. She will also perform some songs on her latest CDs "Step by Step" and "Fearless: Celebrating Women Singers".
This concert is a benefit for the Tallahassee Community Remembrance Project in partnership with the Equal Justice Initiative. This project is part of a campaign to recognize the victims of lynching by collecting soil from lynching sites, erecting historical markers, and creating a national memorial that acknowledges the horrors of racial injustice.
Tickets: You can buy tickets now on this page or at the door. Suggested donation at the door is $20. (Be generous! Be affordable!) No one will be turned away for lack of funds. Under 18 admitted free. No tickets are mailed out. If you do not wish to buy an advance ticket online and want to reserve a space, RSVP Susan Taylor at the email address above.
Online ticket orders:
- If you ticket prices on a small screen (e.g. phone) note that the prices are below the ticket categories not above. If you turn your phone horizontally the prices will appear more clearly. For example, Supporter tickets are $25, Low income tickets are $10.
- When ordering tickets be sure to click the "buy now" button under the ticket prices after you enter the # of tickets you want.
- Go to "cart" and enter your information. You can tell your order has gone through successfully when the website provides you an "order number".
- Our website sends out an order confirmation email but it often gets trapped by email filters. If you completed your ticket purchase through to being given the order number, your name was put on the "will call" list for this concert.
- You do not need to bring the order number with you. Just give your name at the will call list when you arrive at the concert. No tickets are mailed out.
- If you aren't sure if your order went through successfully, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll check for you.