House Concert - Raleigh
Performers: Annie Patterson (the co-creator of the songbooks Rise Up Singing and Rise Again) and Mary Witt - the founder, vocalist and bass player of The O-Tones swing/blues band. Annie & Mary have just released a new recording "Fearless: Celebrating Women Singers".
This concert will feature songs off the "Fearless" CD along with other songs that celebrate women singers and empower women. In these times, we all need songs of hope and courage that enable us to stand with each other for dignity and resolve.
Admission: is via a suggested $15-20 donation at the door. (via cash, check, or credit card). If you have already reserved tickets email Mary Witt at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any logistical questions about the concert - including if you did not get a copy of her email with the location.
Here are the tracks from their new CD (along with the vocalist that inspired Annie & Mary):
- Lose Again (Karla Bonoff)
- I Wish I Knew How it Would Feel to be Free (Nina Simone)
- Never One Thing (May Erlewine)
- What is Success (Bonnie Raitt)
- Orphan Girl (Gillian Welch)
- They All Laughed (Ella Fizgerald)
- What a Difference a Day Makes (Dinah Washington)