You are here
Rise Up Singing Workshop - Ottawa
This singing workshop will offer an intimate opportunity to spend time in a small group setting with Annie Patterson & Peter Blood, the creators of Rise Up Singing and Rise Again. The leaders are two of North America’s leading songleaders and musician-activists.
RESERVE A WORKSHOP SLOT NOW (please indicate whether you intend to join in the optional catered lunch)
Annie & Peter will share techniques and principles of effective songleading and talk about their work nurturing hope and solidarity through song:
- Sing songs that transform awareness & build resilience for social struggles
- Learn new songs of empowerment & solidarity
- Explore the reasons why songs often connect with hearts on a deeper level than words alone
- Hear stories about the leaders' experiences with movement-building and their work with Pete Seeger
If you have a copy of Rise Up Singing and/or Rise Again please bring them to the workshop. Copies will also be available to borrow or buy at the workshop. We will be using both books in workshop.
Cost and booking:
- Suggested donation of $35-50 (pay at the door via cash, cheque or electronic transfer to organizer)
- To book a place, please email the organizer Caroline Parry at email@example.com. Indicate whether you want the catered lunch.
- An optional catered lunch is being provided by The Syrian Kitchen (authentic & prepared from scratch!) for $10 - or bring your own bag lunch
- Contact organizer if you wish to attend but cannot because of limited funds.
Limited to only 25 participants - so reserve early!
Pete Seeger played a crucial role in the creation of both songbooks. Copies of a wide array of Seeger CDs will be available for sale at the concert, along with copies of his autobiography, Where Have All the Flowers Gone: A Singalong Memoir (which Seeger asked Peter to edit).
Annie & Peter are also performing in a Benefit Singalong Concert with Tony Turton & Ian Robb at 7:30 pm at the First Unitarian Congregation of Ottawa.