Rise Up Singing - Montréal
Annie Patterson & Peter Blood, the creators of Rise Up Singing and their 2015 sequel Rise Again are coming to Montréal! This will be a singalong concert with Annie & Peter performing and leading songs out of Rise Again.
We are sharing this concert with Tony Turner - winner of the 2015 Spirit of Folk award for his timely "Harperman" hit.
This concert will celebrate the life & work of Pete Seeger (next year will be the 100th anniversary of his birth) and the many great musicians working to build a better world through music. Seeger worked closely with Annie & Peter in bringing their songbooks to birth and asked Peter to edit his autobiography, Where Have All the Flowers Gone: A Singalong Memoir.
The artists will be teaching and leading songs out of Rise Again during the concert. If you have a copy of Rise Again, bring it with you. Copies will be available to borrow or buy at the concert.
This a chance to meet the people who "wrote the book" and experience group singing with two of North America's most widely loved songleaders.
- Annie is a widely respected folk and jazz performer and recording artist. Playlist on Youtube.
- Praise for Annie's performances
- Rise Up Singing has created a quiet revolution in group singing across North America with a million copies in print. Praise for RUS.
- Rise Again contains 1200 more songs (including many by Canadian singer songwriters) in the same format as RUS. Praise for Rise Again.
This concert is a benefit for NDG Food Depot The mission of this nonprofit is to reduce the hardship of living in poverty by:
- improving food security for people with insufficient income,
- increasing access to healthy food,
- alleviating social isolation and fostering social integration of all community members,
- educating the public at large about issues of poverty and hunger.
Tickets: $20 with advance reservation, $25-35 (suggested donation) at the door. Students $10 in advance/$15 at door.