Songs of Hope & Courage - St Petersburg
Celebrating Pete Seeger's Centennial
Pete Seeger was born on May 3rd, 1919. He spent his life working for a better world through song. Join us for an evening that honors his work and carries on the tradition of singing for justice and resilience.
A portion of the proceeds will go to support the legal defense fund of a Honduran immigrant and her daughters who are seeking asylum.
Songleader/performer. This concert will feature Annie Patterson (the co-creator of the songbooks Rise Up Singing and Rise Again). The audience will also be encouraged to join Annie in singing together out of If I Had a Hammer, a new collection of songs that Pete wrote or was great at performing and leading. Annie created this songbook especially to honor the 100th anniversary of Pete Seeger's birth. Copies will be available to borrow or buy at the concert - or you can pre-order copies now to pick up when you arrive.
She will also perform some songs from her two most recent CD's "Step by Step" (with Charlie King) and "Fearless: Celebrating Women Singers" (with Mary Witt).
The concert will have two sets with an intermission. Socializing in the courtyard 6-7pm and during intermission.
Tickets. You can buy advance tickets now on this site. Tickets will also be available at the door for a suggested donation of $20. (Be generous! Be affordable!) Under 18 free. No one turned away for lack of funds.
Online ticket orders:
- When ordering tickets be sure to click the "buy now" button under the ticket prices.
- You can tell your order has gone through when the website provides you an "order number".
- This site sends out an order confirmation email but it often gets caught in email filters. If you completed your ticket purchase and are given an order number, your name goes on the "will call" list for the concert.
- You do not need to bring the order number with you. Just give your name.
- No tickets are mailed out.
- If you aren't sure if your order went through successfully, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll check for you.