You are here
A Time to Sing!: Historical 1984 Live Concert Recording - is again available!
Holly, Arlo, Ronnie & Pete reunited in this historical live recording, expanded to two CDs and containing 26 songs and wonderful storytelling, including 13 songs not on the original LP.
When the original recording was released on vinyl, the out-takes were stored away on tape in a vault. So when Holly got ready to reissue the recording as a CD (Appleseed Recordings, 2001), she remembered all the songs and stage banter that hadn't fit on to the original LP and decided they would be a great addition as a beautiful slice of history, that is also powerful and contemporary.
Here, Pete and Ronnie are at their spectacular best. Holly and Arlo, singing with their mentors, bring great humor and tenderness.
- O Mary Don't You Weep
- Somos El Barco (Lorre Wyatt)
- Singing wtih You (w: Holly Near, m: Jeff Langley)
- Oh Mom
- Emma (Holly Near)
- You and Me
- Mothers, Daughters, Wives (Judy Small)
- What's Going On / Foolish Notion
- Jacob's Ladder
- Take Back the Night
- The Water Is Wide
- City of New Orleans (Steve Goodman)
- Twelve Gates to the City
- Fine Time (w: Holly Near, m: Jeff Langley)
- Icycle Blue (w: Holly Near, m: Jeff Langley)
- Ghannu Ma'i
- All Over the World
- Small Business Blues
- Estadio Chile (w: Victor Jara, m: Pete Seeger)
- Guantanamera (w: Jose Marti)
- Mr. Tamourine Man (Bob Dylan)
- Good for the World (w: Holly Near, m: Jeff Langley)
- Pallet on the Floor
- Singing for Our Lives (Holly Near)