Songs of Hope & Courage - Brevard NC
Celebrating Pete Seeger's Centennial.
We have closed the online ticket option for tonight but there is still plenty of room! If you haven't bought your tickets you can get them at the door.
Pete was born on May 3rd, 1919. He spent his life working for a better world through song. Join us for an evening that honors his work and carries on the tradition of singing for justice and resilience.
Songleader/performers. This concert will feature Annie Patterson (the co-creator of the songbooks Rise Up Singing and Rise Again) and Mary Witt, vocalist and bass player of The O-Tones. Annie & Mary recently recorded a new CD "Fearless: Celebrating Women Singers" and will perform some songs from that CD.
Singalong concert. Although the evening will feature performed songs by Annie and Mary, the audience will also be encouraged to join them in singing out of If I Had a Hammer, a new collection of songs that Pete wrote or was great at performing and leading. Annie created this songbook especially to honor the 100th anniversary of Pete Seeger's birth. Copies will be available to borrow or buy at the concert - or you can pre-order copies now to pick up when you arrive.
Tickets: Admission to this concert is on a "suggested donation"/"pay as led basis". At the door admission will be for a suggested donation of $15-20. No one will be turned away for lack of funds. ("Be generous! Be affordable!") Under 18 admitted free. Or, you can donate now on this site (at left) and reserve tickets.
Online ticket orders:
- If you ticket prices on a small screen (e.g. phone) note that the prices are below the ticket categories not above. If you turn your phone horizontally the prices will appear more clearly. For example, Supporter tickets are $25, Low income tickets are $10.
- When ordering tickets be sure to click the "buy now" button under the ticket prices after you enter the # of tickets you want.
- Go to "cart" and enter your information. You can tell your order has gone through successfully when the website provides you an "order number".
- Our website sends out an order confirmation email but it often gets trapped by email filters. If you completed your ticket purchase through to being given the order number, your name was put on the "will call" list for this concert.
- You do not need to bring the order number with you. Just give your name at the will call list when you arrive at the concert. No tickets are mailed out.
- If you aren't sure if your order went through successfully, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll check for you.