Songs of Hope & Courage - Greensboro
Celebrating Pete Seeger's Centennial.
Pete Seeger was born on May 3rd, 1919. He spent his life working for a better world through song. Join us for an evening that honors his work and carries on the tradition of singing for justice and resilience.
Songleader/performers: This concert will feature Annie Patterson (the co-creator of the songbooks Rise Up Singing and Rise Again) and Mary Witt, vocalist and bass player of The O-Tones. Annie & Mary recently recorded a new CD "Fearless: Celebrating Women Singers" and will perform some songs from that CD.
Format of concert: Although the evening will feature performed songs by Annie and Mary, the audience will also be encouraged to join them in singing together out of If I Had a Hammer, a new collection of songs that Pete wrote or was great at performing and leading. Annie created this songbook especially to honor the 100th anniversary of Pete Seeger's birth. Copies will be available to borrow or buy at the concert - or you can pre-order copies now to pick up when you arrive.
There will be two approximately one hour sets with an intermission.
Fund-raising: This concert will be a benefit for the Peace & Social Concerns Committee of New Garden Friends Meeting to help raise money for its earthcare and climate-related ministries.Tickets: Admission is on a "pay as led" basis. The suggested donation at the door is $15-20. No one will be turned away for lack of funds. (Be generous! Be affordable!) Under 18 admitted free.
You can buy tickets now on this page. Or you can also reserve space without buying a ticket online by emailing: Gertrude Beal
Online ticket orders:
- When ordering tickets be sure to click the "buy now" button under the ticket prices.
- You can tell your order has gone through when the website provides you an "order number".
- Our site sends out an order confirmation email but it often gets caught in email filters. If you completed your ticket purchase through to the order number, your name will definitely go on the "will call" list at the concert.
- You do not need to bring the order number with you.
- No tickets are mailed out.
- If you aren't sure if your order went through successfully, email us at email@example.com and we'll check for you.