Start a Monthly Sing in Your Area
Want to be part of a regular singalong or songcircle?
No group meeting for this in your area?
Why not start one!
Here are some ideas:
- Is there a folksong society or folk club in your area? If so, contact the people who run the group or club and see if they think they've ever had a sing like this in the past or if they think there'd be interest in this.
- A public library, synagogue, church or Quaker meeting are great places to host a sing of this kind. See if they would be interested in / open to hosting a sing.
- Try making an announcement at a folk concert or other events where people might be interested.
- See if you can find a great songleader to help "prime the pump" at your first few sings (or maybe you're that person!)
- Watch this site for suggestions on what leads to successful group singing - type of room, chair configuration, songleading techniques, guitar, whether to use songbooks, etc. We'll post an article soon on this.
We are in the process of building a mailing list of people interested in this work. In the future it may be possible to send you lists of email addresses of people in your area who might be interested in helping you create a new singalong or song circle.