Pete's 100th Events
Edinburgh Sat-Sun, May 4-5 - Pete Seeger 100th Birthday Singathon, Sat 2:30-12pm, Sun.11am-10pm. Smalll Hall, Bellfield, 16B Bellfield Street, Portabello. Led by Penny Stone. Facebook event
Comox Friday March 1 - For Pete's Sake! - a Comox Valley tribute to Pete Seeger. Comox United Church. Singing the songs of Pete Seeger with Doug Cox, Helen Austin, Judy & Bruce Wing, Kim June Johnson and Tony Turner. Benefit supporting Project Watershed, Comox Valley United Church and Comox Valley Unitarian Fellowship
Nanaimo Fri, May 3 - For Pete's Sake! - a Nanaimo tribute to 100 years of Pete Seeger. Unitarian Fellowship. Singing Pete's songs with Mark Hellman, Sue Averill, Jim & Joe Spinelli, Penny Sidor and Tony Turner. Benefit for Iranian refugee program of Trinity CARES - as well as the Syrian refugee program of Unitarian Fellowship. Visit Facebook event for more info.
Sechelt Sun, May 19 - For Pete's Sake! The Odonata SongRise: Community Song Circle & St. John’s United Church, 5085 Davis Bay Rd, 3:30-5:30. We'll sing the songs of Pete Seeger to celebrate his 100th birthday. As part of a contintent-wide action, supported by “riseupandsing.org”. Local song leaders and musicians will guide the singing, just like Pete taught us.
- Fri, May 3 - For the Love of Pete: A Celebration of Pete Seeger's Birthday at Freight & Salvage - with Musical Director Tamm Hall, Emma's Revolution & others
- Sat, Jan. 25, 2020 - Songs of Resilience in the Spirit of Pete Seeger. Annie Patterson and Emma's Revolution.
Chico Fri, Jan. 24, 2020 - Songs of Resilience in the Spirit of Pete Seeger. Annie Patterson and Emma's Revolution.
Modesto Jan. 15 - Concert celebrating Pete's 100th birthday and John McCutcheon's "To Everyone in All the World" CD of Seeger songs. Benefit for Modesto Peace/Life Center.
Sacramento Sun, Jan. 26, 2020 - Songs of Resilience in the Spirit of Pete Seeger. Annie Patterson and Emma's Revolution.
Santa Cruz Sat, Feb 8, 2020 - Songs of Resilience in the Spirit of Pete Seeger. Annie Patterson and Emma's Revolution.
Soquel Sat, May 11 - "Rise Up & Sing Out for Pete's Sake" - singing the Songs of Pete Seeger to celebrate his 100th birthday. Music sheets/booklets provided. 1-3pm at Mount Calvary Lutheran Church, 2402 Cabrillo College Drive. Hosted by Aileen Vance.Palo Alto Sun, May 5 - Pete's 100th, 2-4pm. At Unitarian Universalist Church, 505 E Charleston Rd. Casual singalong. Bring your voices, instruments, and spirit! https://harmoniccircle.org/
Boulder Thurs, May 2 - Live radio show in tribute to Pete's 100th on from 7-8pm (Mtn time) on KGNU on the Highway 322 show. Streaming from www.kgnu.org
Hartford Saturday, May 4 - Pete's 100th Singalong Concert at Unitarian Society with Magpie, Charlie King, Sally Rogers, Annie Patterson & Peter Blood - sponsored by Meeting House Presents.
New Haven Friday, May 17 - Pete's 100th Singalong Concert 7pm at Unitarian Society of New Haven - with Emma's Revolution, Charlie King, Annie Patterson & Peter Blood. Benefit for Integrated Refugee & Immigrant Services.
New London Friday, Feb. 22 - For Pete's Sake: Pete Seeger Tribute Concert. All Souls Unitarian Church. Friday Folk Night / 6th annual Pete Seeger memorial concert. Benefit for Immigrant Bond Fund
Westport Sat, May 11 - Pete's Music with Emma’s Revolution, 8pm Voices Café, at Unitarian Church.
Sarasota Mon, Jan. 28th - youtube video of 100th anniversary singalong, held at the Sarasota Sailing Squadron.
St Petersburg Friday, May 3rd A Tribute to Pete Seeger on His 100th Birthday, 7pm. Free concert by Urban Gypsies, One City Chorus & friends. Allendale United Methodist Church.
Duluth Sun, May 5th Pete Seeger 100th Birthday Concert with John McCutcheon, 7:30pm. Red Clay Music Foundry, 3116 Main St.
Portland Sunday, May 19 - Pete's 100th Singalong Concert Emma's Revolution, Annie Patterson & Peter Blood. Benefit for Maine Poor Peoples Campaign.
Silver Spring Sat, May 4 - Carry It On: A Celebration of Pete Seeger concert by DC Labor Chorus, 8pm. At the Tommy Douglas Conference Center (formerly the National Labor College), 10000 New Hampshire Ave. $25. www.laborheritage.orgMASSACHUSETTS
- Fri, May 3 - Benefit for the Highland Center: Pete Seeger Turns 100!, 7:30pm at Community Church of Boston. Community sing with Soly Canto, Alisa Amador, Fred Small, Alastair Moock, Dean Stevens, Lorraine & Bennett Hammon & more.
- Sun, May 5 - 100th Birthday Family Show, 4pm at Club Passim - with Alastair Moock, Anand Nayak, Fiddlin' Quinn & more. Boston Globe article on show
- Sun, May 5 - Pete's 100th Singalong Concert, 7pm at Friends Meeting of Cambridge - with Emma's Revolution, Sally Rogers, Annie Patterson & Peter Blood, Nick Page
- Sun, May 5 - 100th Birthday Trib-Hoot to Pete Seeger, 7:30 pm - at Club Passim featuring Alastair Moock, Sean Staples, Eric & Hazel Royer, Anand Nayak & more.
Chatham (Cape Cod) Sunday May 5 - Unitarian Universalist Meeting House, 819 Main St., 10:30 am - Celebration of Pete's centenary. Includes an exhibit of Pete Seeger photos by John Economos & Maxine Smith, Pete's last official photographers. Info: Rev. Edmund Robinson 617-710-0508 email@example.com https://www.uumh.net/
- Saturday, April 27 - Pete's 100th Singalong Concert 7pm at Unitarian Society in Northampton. with Emma's Revolution, Charlie King, Sally Rogers, Annie Patterson & Peter Blood. Benefit for Climate Action Now MA.
- Friday, May 3 - If I Had a Hammer: A CELEBRATION of Pete Seeger on his 100th Birthday. First Churches, Northampton. Singalong Hosted by The Nields to benefit Pioneer Valley Habitat for Humanity’s Interfaith Build.
- Friday May 3 - Celebrate Pete Seeger's 100th Birthday, 7-10 pm. 116 Pleasant Street, Easthampton. Jam session, refreshments. $10-$20 suggested donation to benefit the Rosenberg Fund for Children (Pete was a board member of RFFC.)
Ann Arbor Friday May 3 - 100th Birthday Party Feat with John McCutcheon. At the Ark.
East Lansing Friday April 26 - 100th Birtday Party with Mark Dvorak & others. At the Ten Pound Fiddle.
Concord Friday May 10 - Pete's 100th Singalong Concert, 7pm at Unitarian Church of Concord with Charlie King, Sally Rogers, Annie Patterson & Peter Blood. Benefit for NH American Friends Service Committee.
Hanover Friday, May 3 - Pete's 100th Singalong Concert, 7pm with Charlie King, Magpie, Annie Patterson & Peter Blood. Church of Christ at Dartmouth.
Milford Unitarian Universalist Congregation, 20 Elm Street
- Sunday, May 5 - Celebrate the life & work of Pete Seeger, 10:30am with guest musician Amy Conley
- Fri, May 10 - UU Pizza and Song Night celebrates Pete Seeger. (by donation) 5:30-10:00 pm, UU Church, 20 Elm St, Milford NH.
East Brunswick Sat June 1 - A Sing-along Celebration of Pete Seeger, 7pm. The Unitarian Society, 176 Tices Lane, featuring the Solidarity Singers of the New Jersey State Industrial Union Council Facebook event
Teaneck Pete's 100th Anniversary Weekend details at Puffin Foundation website
- Friday May 3 - Guy Davis concert
- Sat May 4 - Noon: Pete & Toshi Commemoration
- 2pm - Pete's Songs Family Concert followed by open stage
- 8pm - Jaeger & Reid concert
- Sunday May 5 - Jacob Lee Bernz & Friends concert
- Saturday May 4 - Concert, 8pm at the Howland Cultural Center 477 Main Street - with a number of musicians who are deep into the Seeger "songbook"
- Art Show (beginning May 4 & running for the month) paintings & photos of Pete and his world incl. a series of paintings illustrating the verses of "Turn, Turn, Turn".
- Friday, April 26 Schnectady - Pete's 100th Singalong Concert 7pm, UU Society of Sch'dy - Emma's Revolution, Charlie King, Annie Patterson & Peter Blood, The RIX.
- Friday, May 3 Schenectady - Steering Pete's Course: Maritime Songs from the Seeger Songbag 7:30pm, Underground at Proctors - with The RIX (Capt Rick Nestler & Rik Palieri). Sponsored by 8th Step.
- Friday, May 3 Albany - Pete Seeger Centennial Birthday Concert with Happy Traum. With $100 pledge to WAMC. 7pm at the Linda.
- Thurs, May 23 Albany- Pete Seeger Centennial Concert. The Egg, Empire State Plaza. Various artists including Dar Williams, Tony Trischka
Croton-on-Hudson June 15-16 Great Hudson River Revival (Clearwater Festival) celebrates the 100th anniversary of Pete Seeger's birth and 50th anniversary of the founding of Clearwater. Performers will include Mavis Staples, Ani DiFranco, The Mammals, Tom Chapin, Tom Paxton...
Elmsford Sun, May 19 - Walkabout Clearwater Chorus celebrating Pete at 100. Greenburgh Library
- Tues, April 30 - Lyceum lecture: "Pete Seeger at 100: Music with a Message"
- Sat, May 4 - 100th Birthday Celebration concert with Mike + Ruthy
- Sat, May 18 - Music with a Message Children's Music Festival & Community Sing Out, featuring the Adirondack Children's Community Chorus & Dan Berggren
Hyde Park Friday, June 14 at 8 p.m., a commemorative concert with Steve Suffet, Pat Lamanna, Scott Berwick, and Kevin & Carol Becker with Rich Keyes. It will be at the Hyde Park Methodist Church, 1 Church Street. Sponsored by Friends of Fiddlers Green Chapter of the Hudson Valley Folk Guild
Manhattan Sat, May 4 at 8pm - Pete Seeger Centenniel Celebration. Piedmont Blüz, Bev Grant, Hudson Valley Sally, Lindsey Wilson, Mike Glick, Vincent Cross & others. Benefit for Peoples Voice Cafe. At Community Church of New York U.U., 40 East 35th St.
Putnam Valley Sun, May 5, from 2-5 p.m. at Tompkins Corners Cultural Center, 729 Peekskill Hollow Road. Concert with Pat Lamanna, The Trouble Sisters (Karen Brooks, Laurie Siegel and Melissa Ortquist), and others.
Poughkeepsie Sun, May 5, at 7 p.m. at the Bardavon, 35 Market Street, , the Vanaver Caravan will perform their dance concert, "Turn! Turn! Turn!" along with Happy Traum, Tom Chapin, Maria Muldaur and others TBA. https://www.bardavon.org/show/turn-turn-turn/
Rochester Fri, May 3 In the Spirit of Pete, 7:30pm with Joe Jencks & Maria Dunn. Sponsored by Golden Link Folk Singing Society.
White Plains Walkabout Clearwater Chorus and Coffeehouse http://walkaboutchorus.org/music/coffeehouse.php
- Sat, March 9 John McCutcheon
- Sat, April 13 Mustard's Retreat Trio
- Sat, May 11 om Paxton and the DonJuans
Kent Sat, May 4 - Pete Seeger 100th Birthday, featuring John McCutcheon, 8pm. The Kent Stage, 175 E. Main St.
Portland Friday, May 3 - Pete Seeger Tribute & Singalong, Clinton Street Theater. Benefit for Columbia Riverkeepers
Cumberland Sat, May 4 - Benefit Concert to support the Clearwater Fund, 7pm at Blackstone River Theatre 549 Broad St. in Cumberland. $15. Will feature LOTS of singing along and other musical offerings from Seeger's collection with performances by Bob Drouin, Russell Gusetti, Mary Lee Partington, Ed Sweeney, Jimmy Warren and Joyce Katzberg. http://www.riverfolk.org/
Providence Sat, May 18 - Pete's 100th Singalong Concert, 7pm at Providence Friends Meetinghouse. Bill Harley, Charlie King, Annie Patterson & Peter Blood
Brattleboro Sun, May 12 - Pete's 100th Singalong Concert, 7pm at All Souls Church. Peter Siegel (of Gaslight Tinkers), Emma's Revolution, Sally Rogers, Annie Patterson & Peter Blood
Middlebury Sat, May 11 - Pete's 100th Singalong Concert, 7pm at Middlebury United Methodist Church. With Charlie King, The RIX, Annie Patterson & Peter Blood
White River Junction May 4 - Pete Seeger 100th Birthday with Gumbo, Grits & Gravy (Guy Davis, Anne Harris, and Marcella Simien), 8pm, Briggs Opera House. Benefit for Upper Valley Haven & Friends of Pete Seeger Foundation.
- Sat, May 4 Noon to 5pm, HOOTENANNY!: Pete Seeger Centennial Birthday Party. Green Lake Library, meeting room. Hosted by Rick Harlan, informal open mike style. Bring a song, request a song. Sing-along and “Sing Out!”, for Pete’s sake! More info/interaction: facebook event
- May 24-27 - Northwest Folklife Festival (throughout Seattle Center) this year will include a showcase of a dozen “Pete Seeger Centennial Celebration” events: a Hootenanny each day at 11am, Life of Pete multimedia show, Film: "Power of Song”. Also panel showcases each day on: peace/environment, labor/civil rights, children’s/trad., Finale "All through Life". The annual Pete Seeger Singalong, a Kids Sing-Along, and an all-day Pete Seeger Centennial Jam! room. Full schedule online by the end of April at www.nwfolklife.org